Friday, December 16, 2016

Year Two

I can't believe my babies are TWO today. They will officially be two at 9:38 and 9:39 pm tonight (so, about 25 minutes from the moment I began typing this blog)

If I close my eyes and let the room around me grow quiet, I can put myself back to that day. It's not sunshine and rainbows, it was a pretty traumatic day for me (you can read their birth story if you go back to my December 2014 blog post). I try not to think about it too much, which is why I won't be writing any of those details in this post.

We went to an indoor aquarium at the Mall of America today. It was ridiculously overpriced, but worth it to see the excitement in their eyes as they watched the various types of fish, sharks, and turtles swim above us as we walked through tunnel after tunnel of sea life. We walked around the mall for a while and had some lunch. Then we went and had some dinner with my parents. That was pretty much it.

I forgot to order their cake, so I had E just pick up a generic one from Walmart, because mama ain't got time to make a cake. I'm not Betty fricken Crocker. Also, I don't own a cake pan. So, there's that too. It would have been more expensive to buy the cake mix and a cake pan that it was to just buy a ready made cake and have the "bakery" at Walmart write their names on it. Its just cake. They're two. Its fine. They ate it (way past their bedtime...it was hilarious watching them eat cake while exhausted).

Now they're in bed. My official two year old twins. How? Why? Its not quite their birth time yet as I close out this post. I think I'll go sit in their room as the clock hits 9:38 and 9:39.




1 comment:

  1. Great to hear from you and Happy Two Years twins!

    ReplyDelete